Thursday, January 12, 2017

Travel Travel Travel

Praising God for the Journey

Christmas 2016

Christmas with my son and daughter-in-law, Ed and Gale, in Michigan.  Glad I do not have to be out in the back yard!  Glad I am heading south!

Because Ed and Gale  were willing to taking me to and picking me up from Metro Airport in Detroit.  I was able to spend the New Years Holiday with my sister and her family on Bainbridge Island near Seattle.  

Spending Gift cards is a part of the after Christmas Tradition.

My nephew, Holden, and sister, Molly, are great shoppers!











Thank God for GPS and Gale

I started my trip to Texas on January 3rd.  Gale, my daughter-in-law programed my GPS and was on phone rescue duty during my whole trip.  I could not have done it without her.  I am so VERY thankful for all your prayers for traveling safety.

Dallas: Missional Wisdom Foundation

I planned a visit with Missional Wisdom Foundation (MWF) www.missionalwisdom.com in Dallas.  Yes I did take some wrong turns, but with God, Gale and GPS I made it to the meeting.

 It was exciting to learn how God is using Missional Wisdom Foundation.  I came away with ideas that will enhance ministry in Traverse City

Missional Wisdom Foundation is in ministry in several states.  Please check out their web site.  I know you will be blessed.

The only down side was the Dallas Traffic!



Reaching My Destination:  La Posada Providencia

I am blessed to be part of this ministering community.  
Praise God with me that we have the opportunity to pray for and act on behalf of refugees and immigrants
For the first three months of 2017, I will be serving at
 La Posada Providencia, 30094 Marydale Road, San Benito,TX 78586,
(
https://cdpsisters.org/la-posada-providencia)


La Posada Providencia answers the Gospel call to “welcome the stranger.” Founded by Sister Carolyn (now Hilary) Hooks, La Posada provides a safe, nurturing environment to immigrants, asylees, and asylum seekers who have come to the United States seeking safety, protection, and a better life. All shelter residents are in the process of seeking legal refuge in this country. La Posada has welcomed people from more than 70 different countries. Their goals extend beyond shelter to helping their clients adjust quickly to United States culture. Clients participate in life skills and English language lessons and receive personalized case management and transportation.
As people of faith, we are in this together.  Your help and prayers are needed. 
Please pray for immigrants and refugees! 
Consider sending gifts and donations to La Posada Providencia (address above).

During my service at La Posada, I will remain available via my phone, 231 649 0930, via email address: randie.clawson@gmail.com , via blog www.considerourcall.blogspot.com  and via my Facebook page.