Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Human Being - Human Doing




ACTION AND CONTEMPLATION

Praise God with me for the rhythm and flow of our lives.  I praise God for the gift of time and energy.  Daily renewing of our hearts and minds through his presence in us and in our culture.  Paul in the scripture reminds us, "In whom we live and move and have our being." 


West Michigan Conference of United Methodist Church


I was able to attend and serve at the Annual meeting of the  West Michigan Conference.  My service with World Council of Chruches as an Ecumenical Accompanier Program Palestine Israel, EAPPI was the topic of my display, http://www.eappi-us.org/.






United Methodists for Kairos Response

A group of United Methodists have organized to answer the urgent call from Palestinian Christians in Kairos Palestine: A Moment of Truth.  Our call is for effective action to end the Israeli occupation and achieve a just peace in the Holy Land.

I traveled to Des Moines, Iowa for a planning meeting.  At their sculpture park, the reflecting exhibition gave new dimensions to a Selfie.  

 


.

United Methodist Women 

Quadrennial in Grand Rapids

It was my joy to share the sisterhood of United Methodist Women.  Many members of the W. MI Conference of the United Methodist Women were able to attend this event.




Contemplating Economic Justice

I gave my reflections from attending the United Methodist Women National Seminar, Interrupt Indifference Jesus Justice and Joy.

There is much to do to achieve social justice in our country.

Each of us must realize the modern day idols that call to fill our lives.  We repent and turn making the kingdom Jesus established our priority.






A Family Note-

My son and his wife, Ed and Gale, are interested in horses.  Gale took me to meet one of the horses she cared for.  Certainty beyond my comfort zone.  However the horse loved me! I admit it was my first positive horse experience.  

Sisters and Sister- in Law, Janet and Donna.  We were able to celebrate Donna's birthday.  Something we could not do for years because Donna was a missionary in Africa for many of here birthdays.

Center Lake Bible Camp in Tustin, MI

Donna and I were able to attend the 60th anniversary celebration at Center Lake Bible Camp http://www.centerlake.org/.  We were campers during the first year of operation.

The cinnamon rolls, a camp specialty, are still as good as they ever were.




 Before During After Incarceration BDAI

Before During After Incarceration is the name given to a group that is part of the ongoing efforts to ensure that the Grand Traverse Area will be a place where all can flourish.

The main working groups are:
·       Families, Housing, Life Skills, Transportation Group
·       Release Referral Program Group
·       Mental Health and Addiction Group
·       Advocacy Communication and Membership Recruitment  Group
·       BDAI Book Club Group
·       Restorative Justice Group

We meet the third Tuesday of each month.


Continue to Pray for Our Cities, States, Nation and World