Friday, January 17, 2014

Wadi Rum and a Night of Camping at Rum Magic

 Wadi Rum

The desert scenery of Wadi Rum is spectacular.   It is located about two hours south of Petra with some spactular views along the way also.



Ride Through the Wadi

I passed on the opportunity to take a camel ride choosing a truck/jeep instead.  The driver, almost no English, and his young son, giving me Arabic lessons on the way, were a delight.  The sand dunes of the desert had me remembering Lake Michigan dunes.  When we stopped for tea and conversation with a desert trader.  Sun set was thrilling and the shadows on the landscape added much charm.








Campfire,  Tea and Dinner

Tea made on an open fire was served.  I was glad for the open fire as the temperature dropped with the setting.  Dinner of traditional  Jordanian was served and enjoyed with people from France and Spain.



The Tent

The plan was to get into the tents before the generator was turned off.  The tents had beds and very warm blankets.

I did take time to see the multitude of stars, however, this picture does not do it justice.





You know it is morning when you open your eyes to this.   I opened the tent flap so I could read my Bible.  I took a "selfie" where I sat as I prayed for you.  I pray for all of you who are on my email list as well as all who will read this blog.  I am praying that we will all know the reality of God-with-us and have a friendship with Jesus. 





 

Back to Ammon and on to Mafraq

A four trip back to Ammon,  a shower and this internet.  

I am praising God for all the lessons I learned in this solo travel!  On to Mafraq!