Thursday, January 23, 2014

Excitement of Beginning

From Ammon

One of the teachers from the school came to Ammon to pick me up.   She got lost on the way to pick me up, but got together with the help of a short taxi ride.

 We found a large supermarket, almost as nice as a Meijers, we loaded up with supplies.

As we left Ammon, I read the map while being driven.   We still got lost on the way to Mafraq.   It did not help that the signs and map did not have the same names and/or spellings. 

Church 

My first impresion of the Christian Mission Alliance Church is that it is a small church doing a HUGE work.  The activities are accomplished by total dependence on God through prayer.   An encoueagement and joy to see God work through the believers here.


Names

So many smiling faces, many welcomes.  I need prayers for help remembering them.

Wonderful Housemates

I am in a wonderful apartment filled with Housemates that love Jesus and are dedicated to furthering the good news of the gospel in all they say and do.

I am in a bedroom with three bunk beds.  Currently there are four of us, but I was blessed to get a bottom bunk.

My suitcases act as chest of drawers.  I have one shelf and share about three feet of closet space with the potential of five other people.

I am contemplating my home 1700 sq ft; what is really needed and what does God require.

I am praising God for the privilege of living with these servants of God.  It is my joy to see my young housemates studying the Scriptures and finding corners of the living room for their personal times with God.

Praise and Prayer

Praise God with me for a safe arrival and a joyful settling in.

Praise God for the help I received with computer issues.

Continue to remember the dedicated church members and those God has sent to help and minister to the Syrian refugees.

Please keep the Syrian refugees, and their extreme needs, in your daily prayers.

What should we, wealthy Christian's, be doing to further God's justice in this region?   I pray that each of us would take action as we see reality through the "lens" of Jesus' love.