Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Day of Action-

Day of Action-Justice and Hope!

This is a call for action today for those suffering from violence.  Because of the power of the United States, our government’s actions influence the world and the life and death of its people. 

I have contacted my elected officials and plan to call them all today.  I will be encouraging them to consider God’s justice in their decisions.

Scripture:  Matthew 12:17-21

Today’s reading from the United Methodist Women’s Prayer Calendar applies!

“This was fulfilled what was spoken (of Jesus) through the prophet Isaiah:
            ‘Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight;
            I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
            He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets.
            A bruised reed he will not break and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
            till he leads justice to victory.
            In his name, the nations will put their hope.´”

Will Be Blessed If- -Genesis 18:19

A reflection from Alex Awad, a United Methodist Missionary in Bethlehem, brought the truth of this verse to me.  God chose Abraham “so that” he would direct his children and household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, “so that” the Lord could bring what he had promised. 

Genesis 18:19

“For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised.”

LET’S PRAY AND ACT FOR GOD’S PEACE IN THE WORLD