Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mint Tea, Mint Lemonade and Palestinian Thyme Bread

Palestinian Thyme Bread:





George and Sylvia my neighbors in Palestine, taught me how to make Palestinian Thyme Bread.





 Even though Sylvia has a oven in the house, she prefers to use the traditional one on the patio.



Back in the states 

My friend Nancy and I got busy with Phyllis's recipe.



 



Brunch at Christ United Methodist Church July 21, 2013

The ones we made were not as nice as George and Sylvia's, but off to church they went.





New menu items on Sunday's brunch, pita bread, humus and Palestinian thyme bread.




Palestinian Mint Tea and/or Mint Lemonade

In Palestine I learned to love tea with a sprig of fresh mint and mint lemonade.  In the states, on my first attempt to buy mint I was not successful. Quality mint was not available.  If  I wanted to continue drinking mint tea and mint lemonade I decided I would have to grow it myself.

My friend Nancy and I went to the farmer's market to buy mint plants.    

With Nancy's help we prepared the ground and planted the mint.  Our task was completed successfully.

As Nancy planted each plant she would say,
"Grow for the Glory of God  and the enjoyment of all of us."

She said she remembers planting with her grandfather and he would say that same thing as he planted his garden.  

What a win/win.  She got to remember happy thoughts of her grandfather and I got the mint planted.  When the work was done, together we enjoyed mint Lemonade.


As I look out my window the mint growing there will be my call to prayer for the people of Palestine.

Consider this your invitation to come over for Palestinian Thyme Bread, Mint Tea and Mint Lemonade.

We Will Pray for a JUST Peace in the Middle East