Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Go Fishing

At and On the Sea of Galilee

Being at the Sea of Galilee brought back the memories of the stories of Jesus at this very place.  When I saw the  boats on shore, I knew I wanted to be on the sea not just at the sea. 







It was wonderful to finally get on a boat and push off from shore. 




As I looked across, I wondered how much was the same as when Jesus looked at this shore.















I asked myself, if I, like Peter, would have stepped out on this water.



I saw a boat coming from the horizon.  




As it got closer, I realized it was a fishing boat.  


















What a special treat to see the net up in the air as I took the photos.  




As the net landed, I remembered the story of Peter, casting the net in the daytime at Jesus’ command. 


 



As the boat sailed on, I thanked God for allowing me to "go fishing" on the Sea of Galilee.









Peter learned the lesson that obeying Jesus brought unimaginable blessings and a new 
assignment.  

My heart was praising God as I enjoyed my day on the Sea of Galilee,  I pondered what my next assignment might be.