Saturday, June 22, 2013

Worship Prayer and Resistance



EAPPI Standing in Solidarity with the

 Christian Community in Palestine



It is my joy to continue to worship and stand in solidarity with Palestinian Christians.  After receiving good directions from the pastor via email, I walked less than 25 minutes and found the Baraka Presbyterian Bible Church of Bethlehem. 
















I knew I would like this place when I saw their guard turtle yard decoration.  I collect turtles and I too have a guard turtle at my house. 




As we worshiped together, the singing was in Arabic, but an English-speaking person translated the sermon as I listened via an earpiece.  I now understand the joy of hearing the Scripture in my “mother tongue.” 


The congregation was welcoming.  In a conversation, I discovered that the brother and sister in law of the pastor work at Hope College in Holland Michigan.  It is a small world; God’s family is everywhere!



What a privileges God has allowed me to experience during my weeks here.  Worshiping with many different congregations is a weekly highlight. 







We have stood with others in hope as we celebrating mass, resisting the confiscation of church property taken in order to build the wall.











We end each busy week on Friday with a walk and prayer at the wall.  The memory of the faithful walking and praying at the wall will always be with me. 







Pray for a JUST peace in the Middle East!